Urban Food Chef Corps
Join REV Birmingham’s Urban Food Chef Corps
Teaching healthy eating through local food tastings.
What is the Urban Food Chef Corps?
REV’s Urban Food Chef Corps is a volunteer bank of community members and local chefs who donate their time and skills to develop healthy recipes and conduct cooking demonstrations at corner stores and health fairs in Birmingham.
Why join the Urban Food Chef Corps?
- Gain nutrition education and community involvement
- Accrue meaningful service hours
- Increase personal exposure
- Network and collaborate with community members
- Participate in a unique, flexible service opportunity
- Improve the health of the next generation
- Contribute to a healthier more vibrant Birmingham
1. Download and complete the the following form: UFP_2014_ChefCorpsInterestForm
2. Email or mail completed form to:
Raghela Scavuzzo, Farm to Corner Store Coordinator
5529 1st Ave South
Birmingham, AL 34212
3. Complete basic Urban Food Chef Corps training.
4. Sign up for Urban Food Chef Corps Events. (See a list of available dates here.)
5. Cook healthy, tasty food!
About the Urban Food Project
The Urban Food Project aims to build a robust local food economy while creating healthy food access. We are developing a local food distribution system that will improve production, distribution, and purchasing of local food. By assisting producers and business owners we are making fresh fruits and vegetables more readily available and affordable.
About Farm to Corner Store
The Urban Food Project helps corner store owners successfully stock, promote, and sell fresh, local, produce. This generates additional revenue streams for stores and producers and creates healthy food access points, a need for the 88,000 Birmingham residents living in food deserts.
For more information contact: Raghela Scavuzzo, Farm to Corner Store Coordinator